10 June 2011

Archival weight loss kitsch: Fight the Flab with Terry Wogan

My partner has been digging around in the secondary vinyl collection and brought this up from the basement for a spin. It's as terrible as you'd imagine, and proof that loveable Terry Wogan is a tool of The Man as well as being a fan of the firm control ladies undergarment. Anyway, here it is for your listening pleasure, it seems to go on for ages. Extra points to those who want to video themselves doing these exercises in an 18 hour bra, girdle or corselette.

Fight the Flab with Terry Wogan (.mp3, 3.1mb)

Terry Wogan Fight The Flab single - front cover

Terry Wogan Fight The Flab single - back cover

8 comments:

Blair said...

Hilarious! Somebody needs to do an exhibition of fat fighting tools through the ages.

Charlotte Cooper said...

Why don't you?

wonderful woman said...

what does it say on the bottom of the back of the sleeve? I can read 'Place directly on turntable. Do not attempt to play on top of another record'... but not the last bit.

Was this for someone who had never played a vinyl disc record before?

And in regards to 'do not attempt to play on top of another record' - what about a multi-stacker phonograph? Do Terry's rigid rules apply to one of those groovy, portable numbers? Cuz I bet I could have multistacked Terry's corselette ramblings on mine.

Charlotte Cooper said...

PLAYING INSTRUCTIONS: Place directly on turntable. Do not try to play on top of another record. Do not try to use autochanger.

It's a flexi, so I guess that's why they're being overly pedantic. Funny though!

wonderful woman said...

I was told that you *should* always put a regular record under a flexidisc... oh I don't know what to think now! Terry - you have turned my world upside down!

Charlotte Cooper said...

I'm none the wiser either.

matthew said...

I'm a big fan of the Wogan's Winners LP, a real delight, though my favourite incarnation of the floral dance is the Terry in da jungle one.

Dr Charlotte Cooper said...

He would do anything, oh dear.