01 August 2009

Conference Report: NAAFA 2009 - day one (again)

Peggy Howell's smooth narration of the fashion show, a highlight of the NAAFA calendar, was priceless, and the models and clothes were lovely. But my favourite moment of the show was the demo of the Travel-Scoot, a foldable scooter for people with mobility impairments, ridden by a fatty whizzing around the dance-floor in circles to Born to Be Wild. There was a collective gasp when she nearly tipped over, but she righted herself with ease and scooted on. Go sister!


cynth said...

That courageous TravelScoot fattie is Elizabeth Fisher and she is a hero of mine.

She has a blog about her adventures on the TravelScoot here http://mytravelscoot.blogspot.com/

I would have loved to of seen her presentation. I hope someone video taped it so we can see it somewhere on the web.

Elizabeth said...

Cynth, that courageous TravelScoot fattie was actually Rhonda, and she looked hot! She had on leather motorcycle gloves and a cute, short dress. I taped it with my camera, but I've got to figure out how to lower the resolution so I can put it on my blog.

I didn't tape the workshop, but I'll be posting about it as soon as I can get caught up with life.

cynth said...

Elizabeth, now that you posted the video of Rhonda I came here to correct myself! ha!

I am glad you were able to post to youtube.

But you and Rhonda are both rad courageous fatties!